On behalf of us all at St Dunstan’s we welcome you to this website and our parish church. The parish is currently in a Vacancy and we very much look forward to welcoming a new incumbent in due course.
We are pleased to inform you that St Dunstan’s is open for services at 10.15am on Sundays and 10am on Wednesdays; and from Monday, 3rd August each day until 6pm for private prayer. In addition, a Said Eucharist takes place at the Chapel of the Good Shepherd in the Cottage Hospice in Five Ashes at 12 noon on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.
In line with updated guidelines from both HM Government and the Church of England, the PCC has agreed new arrangements for services which will take immediate effect. Our objective is to provide a safe and secure environment for all whilst recognising we all have different appetites for risk. Our church is large well-ventilated space with ample room for people to sit as they choose.
- Face masks will not be required although we recognise many will still prefer to wear them at their personal discretion.
- It will no longer be necessary to register attendance for track and trace purposes.
- Seating will continue to be spaced in line with our practice over the last twelve months.
- Both choir and congregational singing will be permitted in church with unrestricted numbers.
- Hymn books and service booklets will be in use.
- Communion will remain as bread only, as agreed with our visiting clergy.
- Sharing of Peace will remain as a nod and a wave.
- Refreshments – coffee will be served from the back of church / outside the West door in the usual manner.
- Bell ringers will no longer be subject to social distancing protocols.
- It is hoped Sunday Club and Messy Church will be able to resume from the start of the Autumn term in September.
Our Newsletter is invaluable in keeping everyone up to date on church news and can be found under the ‘NEWS’ tab. If you would like to receive a copy direct by email, please contact Nicky in the Parish Office (01435 873484 or email@example.com). The Parish Office opening hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9am until 1pm.
We are delighted to say that a joint ‘Big Picnic’ is being organised by ourselves and MAYFACS and will be held on Court Meadow on Thursday, 5th August from 12noon to 2pm. Please do come along, bring a picnic and there will be fun activities for the children.
If you are visiting or a regular member of the congregation, we look forward to welcoming you in person at one of our Church services.
Stephen Lawrence Stephen Blurton
Updated: 22nd July 2021