The Church takes its obligations to protect Children and Vulnerable Adults very seriously.
Policy on the Safeguarding of Children and Adults in the Church
This statement was adopted by the Parish of St Dunstan’s, Mayfield and Five Ashes,
This policy will be reviewed each year to monitor the progress which has been achieved.
1. We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
8. The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
9. The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
10. Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
Mrs Karen Dines: Safeguarding Officer
If unavailable, please contact:
The Parish Office
Colin Perkins : Safeguarding Advisor to the Diocese
If you are a child…
and you need to talk about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please click on the link below that takes you to the Childline website
Tel: 0800 1111
If you are an adult…
and you need to access support about something that is happening to you, please click on the link below to find out how you can do that. Scroll down to find links to various support organisations for you to contact.
If you need to report something
If you need to report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in Sussex, please click on the link below
If you have any questions regarding safeguarding issues arising from any Parish activities please contact either Karen Dines directly or through the Parish Office.
We are pleased that St Dunstan’s has been awarded the SQP Level 1 from the Diocese of Chichester – please see below: