Please keep an eye out for our next Churchyard Working Party.
- Our records go back to 1900 and cover both burial and cremation plots.
- For earlier records, please contact East Sussex Records Office:-
- Information required to conduct a search of the Mayfield churchyard:-
- Name of the deceased
- Approximate date of death
With this information we can locate the plot within the churchyard
- Search Fee: £28.00 per hour
- Please make cheques payable to Mayfield PCC
- Contacts: The Parish Office, London House, High Street, Mayfield, TN20 6AQ
Tel: 01435 873484 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Mrs Felicity Robinson. Tel: 01435 872268 e-mail: email@example.com
In September 2010, the Friends of Mayfield Churchyard was established as a registered charity. The charitable purposes are to provide financial and other support for the general maintenance, conservation, environmental protection and upkeep of the churchyard belonging to the Parish of St Dunstan, Mayfield, East Sussex, for the benefit of all inhabitants of the Parish of Mayfield and Five Ashes
- For further details please contact the Parish office above
- The Chancellor of the Diocese of Chichester lays down certain rules and regulations regarding churchyards within his jurisdiction and a copy of these are set out below
The Labyrinth – An enormous thank you to all those who helped dig and edge the labyrinth. If you have managed to go and see it I hope you will agree how beautiful it looks.
To listen to an interview that Fr Nigel gave to BBC Radio Sussex, click the link
Upper Churchyard Path – has been constructed in Bredon gravel (as in Buckingham Palace!) by Frogheath Landscapes. All this work has been kindly paid for by Friends of Mayfield Churchyard. Please have a word with Warwick Child if you would like to find out more about how to support their work.