Please keep an eye out for the dates of our next
CHURCHYARD WORKING PARTY
Volunteers are warmly welcome to help keep areas of the Churchyard clear. Please call the Parish Office if you would like to devote some time to a particular area: 01435 873484.
Please see our Churchyard Regulations to see what is and is not permitted within the grounds of our beautiful Churchyard:
Our records go back to 1992 and cover both burial and cremation plots.
- For earlier records, please contact East Sussex Records Office:-
- Genealogy Enquiries
If you have any enquiries concerning
Baptisms before 1989,
Weddings before September 2003 or
Burials before May 1992
- East Sussex Records Office
Brighton BN1 9BP
- For more recent records please contact:
The Parish Office, St Dunstan’s Church
- Information required to conduct a search of the Mayfield churchyard:-
- Name of the deceased
- Approximate date of death
With this information we can locate the plot within the churchyard
- Search Fee: £34.00 per hour (from 1st March 2023)
- Please make cheques payable to Mayfield PCC or pay by BACS (details on request)
- Contact: The Parish Office, London House, High Street, Mayfield, TN20 6AQ
Tel: 01435 873484 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In September 2010, the Friends of Mayfield Churchyard was established as a registered charity. The charitable purposes are to provide financial and other support for the general maintenance, conservation, environmental protection and upkeep of the churchyard belonging to the Parish of St Dunstan, Mayfield, East Sussex, for the benefit of all inhabitants of the Parish of Mayfield and Five Ashes
- For further details please contact the Parish office above
- The Chancellor of the Diocese of Chichester lays down certain rules and regulations regarding churchyards within his jurisdiction and a copy of these are set out below
Upper Churchyard Path – has been constructed in Bredon gravel (as in Buckingham Palace!) by Frogheath Landscapes. All this work has been kindly paid for by Friends of Mayfield Churchyard. Please have a word with Miles Smith if you would like to find out more about how to support their work.
The Labyrinth – This outdoor Prayer Walk, at the bottom end of our Churchyard, is one of the largest in Sussex. There is only one way in to the centre and you return the same way, stopping to say a prayer or two as you go. Please enjoy this wonderful resource and space.