St. Dunstan’s Parish Choir
The Choir of St.Dunstan’s is always looking for new singers, both young and old, to join its ranks in its task of leading the music in worship in this ancient and beautiful parish church. It has an extensive repertoire and a long standing tradition of excellence.
Choral singing is a team activity that can involve all age groups, the common bond being Christian worship and a simple love of singing and music. The Choir is always looking for members that are looking for fulfillment and enrichment in their lives, through singing to the Glory of God.
Singing to a high standard, the choir has an increasingly varied repertoire which consists of service settings, anthems, psalms, responses and hymns, the music ranging from Sixteenth Century to the present day. For children and adults alike, choral singing is a most rewarding and increasingly popular activity.
The Choir is affiliated to the Royal School of Church Music which enables young people in particular to progress through a training scheme based on the RSCM ‘Voice for Life’ scheme.
- The chance to grow up as an active and important member of a choir with a strong sense of purpose.
- The opportunity to make new friends and join a friendly and supportive team.
- A way of earning some pocket money for singing regularly and extra money for singing at weddings, and the occasional funeral.
- Progression through a training scheme that provides a good musical education, as well as encouraging spiritual development within the church.
- The chance to take part in an all-age activity which encourages an appreciation of cultural and artistic activity in an increasingly materialistic world.
- Training in theory of music and singing technique from basic through to advanced levels.
Andrew is seeking new children locally (aged 7 years +) to join.
What does Choir Membership entail?
- Enthusiasm and sympathy in singing to the glory of God.
- A commitment to regular rehearsal and service attendance.
Junior Choir: Wednesday evenings 17.00-18.00
Senior Choir: Wednesday evenings 18.00 – 19.30
Sunday 9.15 – 10.00 for 10.15 Eucharist (Family Service once a month).
Family Sung Eucharist at 10.15, 1st Sunday in the month.
Sung Eucharist at 10.15 on subsequent Sunday.
Evensong twice a term on the 1st Sunday in the month.
Occasionally: Feast Days and other special occasions.
Director of Music
Andrew Benians ARCO, ARCM, LRAM
Please contact Andrew at 01435 866485 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org